Sunday 15 September 2013

Sunday pamper day AKA The Hangover cure!!!

Soooo.... we all know that feeling we go out for an evening and tell ourselves we'll have a sophisticated evening and will definitely not get slightly tipsy then scream 'Lets get mortal' then get dragged into drinking games and end up legless and vomming in a gutter.... 

Yet you arrive at the party, in my case an 18th and the atmospheres great you're been handed drinks left, right and centre... chatting and knocking them back like there's no tomorrow and suddenly we're in some very very big drunken trouble... You manage to somehow get home and crawl to the bed and if you're organised get some water and basically pass out, and then the real nightmare begins the next morning when you wake up and feel like someones whacked you over the head with a frying pan, whilst knocking you about so you have some cuts and bruises, and also feeling like you've acquired a stomach bug at the same time!

So my first thing to do is to basically figure out what is worse the head or sickness... 

My first thing to do is to re-hydrate myself by drinking a pint of water and  taking a paracetamol, then trying to soak up some alcohol by eating a piece of toast! Then drinking even more water!!! 

Then it's on to trying to make myself feel better beauty wise! 


I always feel like my hair is disgusting so in order to get rid of all the horrible hair spray, alcohol and product I like to use a clarifying shampoo like Pantene Pro V Clarifying which I first heard about whilst trying to get rid of a semi-permanent hair dye... We've all been there. 

Then onto my body as I don't like to condition my hair as it goes greasy so I like to use a hair mask every know and then, but I didn't feel like my hair needed it today! I started off with my gok body scrub and used my new toffee-cream body wash which smells soo nice and homely! Just to get rid off any sweat and fake tan after last night's events. 

Now onto my face! I always start off with my simple face wash and then use their cleanser to make sure all of my make-up is off... I finish with an exfoliater and then use my simple moisturizer to try and re-hydrate my skin. My eyebrows had been done the night before so it was just to make myself comfy for the day! I got changed into my onesie and drank another pint of water and then had a cup of tea for some reason it stops me feeling sick! 

Now my second best tip, Number one is WATER WATER WATER it is a miracle drink and has no calories! But the second tip is to not reach for the junk food and crisps.... your body needs nutrients so try to drink Orange juice for Vitamin C, eat apples and vegetables and potatos for carbohydrates as they fill you up and can help absorb alcohol and stop you feeling sick! But today I was the silly one and I reached for the chocolate, crisps, pizza, waffles, sweets just any comfort food to try and make me feel better and honestly it doesn't..... I ended up feeling even worse, throwing up and literally crying because my body just hated what I was eating and it wasn't nutritional enough for my body's needs! 

Anyway! Onto what I wore for the evening! 

It was quite a smart affair as all the boys turned up in suits so I thought I'd go with my black midi dress and teamed this with my black wedges and a lovely leaf necklace that I got from Primark.

  

Dress- Ebay £5
Necklace- Primark £4
Shoes- Primark £12
Eyelashes- Eyelure naturlites- £3.89 for two sets!  

All in all it was a very good evening, however my hangover is definitely the worse one I've ever had soo please if any of you have any good hangover cures please feel free to post them to me via twitter, a comment below or an email! 

Thank you for reading my post! 

Lots of Love

 Tori X


















No comments:

Post a Comment