Thursday 3 October 2013

DIY: Salon Style Manicure

Hey Everyone!!

It has been sooo sooo long since I've posted anything on my blog and I'm so so sorry but I haven't known what to write about and I didn't want to bore you all with some half heartedly written post that wasn't worth your time in reading!! But hopefully my writers block has cleared and now you'll be able to read more of my posts!!

Anyways moving on!! I don't know about you all but recently I've been a bit tight on money and really struggling to be able to treat myself to the luxuries such as a manicure that doesn't look like I allowed a two year old to colour in my my nails!! But recently I found a really cheap and easy way of getting salon beautiful nails for next to nothing!!!

Step 1) Allow your hands some relaxation time by getting a bowl of warm water and placing a few drops of your favorite scented oil in the bowl! I love the smell of lavender oil as its really relaxing! This will also hlp to soften your cuticles!

Step 2) Pat your hands dry and massage some vaseline into your cuticles this will also help to soften them up, Once soft push your cuticles back using a cuticle stick, this will make your nails appear longer and give them that salon look!

Step 3) Grab a nail file and file your nails in one direction, gently rounding at the corners. Filing in one direction prevents breakages and any rough edges being left behind. The rounded edges will also give your nails the salon 'squaroval' shape and also make them appear elongated.

Step 4) Apply your favorite hand cream, my personal favorite is Nivea's hand creams as they dry quickly and make my hands feel soft and moisturized. Now chose your favorite nail polish or nail design! I personally love the designs below as they're really easy but look soo good!









(These are not my nail designs or my nails these are designs I have found whilst researching ideas so full credit goes to the owners and designers of the images not to me)

I really love the simplicity yet the effect these nails have! They are all quick and easy to do and look fantastic and perfect for autumn as they're bang on trend for the autumn colors!

Step 5) If there is any polish around the edge of your skin use a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish to remove it... and now apply a clear top coat and now you have a perfect 'Ive just been to the salon' nails and I bet it looks amazing!!!

See you in the post!!!

Lots of Love


Tori X










No comments:

Post a Comment