Saturday 11 January 2014

Diet | Lifestyle post!

Funnily enough I've been reading a lot of your blogs and new years resolutions and the number 1 new years resolution is to eat healthily or to lose weight! So I though I'd share some advice with you all about my experiences and what I'm doing differently this year!!

I unfortunately have had issues with my weight for as long as I can remember! I don't think I've ever eaten things without being conscious of how many calories it has in it or how unhealthy it is for me so I thought I'd share with you all my experiences and hopefully help you along the way!

I used to yoyo diet where I must have tried everything known to mankind- the liquid diet, the vegetable diet, the 5:2 diet and honestly you do lose the weight but trying to keep it off is a battle and a half! You tend to lose water weight due to reducing your sodium intake and then when you reach your desired weight you tend to put it back on! So this year for 2014 I decided I was fed up of always being on a 'diet' so I'm going for a lifestyle change! I'm doing everything in moderation!

1) Try to drink 1 and a half litres' of water a day- this helps to flush out toxins and flush out your digestive system which can help you lose an extra few pounds! Drinking water is also a bonus as it helps the skin and has zero calories so you can have the calories else where e.g in food so you stay fuller for longer!

2) Drink water with meals as this speeds up your metabolism and you eat less which reduces calorie intake!

3) Do cardio for 20 minutes 3 times a week! This will help you burn fat and tone up!

4) Cut down on carbohydrates and fill up on veggies and protein such as eggs, fish and meat!

5) Try to steer clear of white carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta and potatos try to swap these for better alternatives such as wholewheat pasta, wholemeal bread and sweet potatoes (although I don't particularly like sweet potatoes so I have ordinary and only eat them every now and then) as these cause bloating and without them will reduce the appearance of any bloating in around 1-2 weeks!

6) Don't see it as a diet just see it as small swaps that will benefit you massively! so instead of chocolate one day eat some fruit and save the chocolate for a cheat day! These small choices add up to a whole new healthier you!

7) Motivate yourself by thinking of a holiday or a way to reward yourself when you reach your goals! We're all obsessed with beauty and fashion so why not reward yourself with a new skirt or manicure!

8) Love who you are! If you're happy with you and don't wish to change then don't! Don't cave in to societies views of whats perfect! We are all beautiful and perfect inside no matter what shape or size! I just wanted to eat healthily as after Christmas I felt I over indulged too much and wanted to fix my body and hopefully put me in better shape for the race for life!

I hope you all liked this post! It is not in any means insulting anyone it is purely to share my tips with those of you who are interested or want to eat healthily as a new years resolution! I'll be posting an update in around two weeks time! Good luck to everyone with their new years resolutions! Maybe we could help motivate each other to achieve our goals!

Lots of Love

Tori X

















No comments:

Post a Comment