Friday 10 January 2014

New years resolutions & a overview of 2013





So 2014 has begun and we're 10 days in so I thought my first post should be about 2013 and then my aims for 2014!

So 2013 as the number suggests was a pretty unlucky year for me and my family, it began by failing my January exams that I tried really hard for, which was a massive blow to me. I didn't know what my future held and suddenly life became very scary and my mental health deteriorated as a repercussion of this. I progressively got worse until I was taken to the doctors and forced to get better which in hindsight was the best thing anyone could have done for me! It's been a hard process over the last 6 months and I'm not going to pretend that it was easy but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and a brighter future for myself. It has been a horrible year of twists and turns and pardon the cliche but it really was a roller-coaster of emotions.... 
I lost my Grandad who was like a second dad to me and meant soo much to me so it was a very tough thing to get over as I had to be very strong for my family which wasn't the easiest thing to do. I feel like I grew up a lot in that time as whilst he was really ill my mum and dad were away so I had to look after myself and run a house which gave me the freedom to taste what living away and starting my own home was like and although it was a really sad time I feel it helped me become a stronger person and force myself to act like an 18 year old for once in my life! 

One a more positive note I passed my driving test and celebrated both my one year anniversary with my boyfriend which was the most special thing as I've always joked that if I stayed with anyone for longer than a week than I'd be with them for life and I think that could possibly happen! I also celebrated my 18th birthday which marked becoming an adult and being able to drink legally (yay!) and also go on holiday on my own which I can't wait for as I'm hopefully visiting Paris at the end of this year!! I really counted my blessings as throughout all the bad things with my health and everything I honestly feel its shaped me into the person I am which for once in my life I'm proud of that person!

Resolutions and Aims for 2014:

I have a lot of resolutions for this year but I'm taking them one step at a time so I can hopefully achieve them all! 

1) Eat Healthily and get that Beach Body for Benidorm 2014!
I know that all resolutions contain some health kick idea so I'm going to eat healthily which I've been doing and cut out all the fast food and rubbish such as chocolate and sugary drinks and so far I've lost 3lbs in a week and a half which is amazing! I also aim to run three times a week so I'm ready for The race for life!! 

2) Become a better person by doing more for charity!
As some of you are aware I'm doing the race for life on July 5th and I'm also planning on doing the santa dash at the end of the year but in between all of this I plan to try and raise some funds for Marie Curie as it was the hospice who looked after my Grandad in his final weeks and I'd really like to do a lot of charity work for them this year! 

3) I'm going to become a better friend, daughter and girlfriend!
These people have been my rock through 2013 and helped me get through this horrendous last year and without them I don't know where I'd be! So as a way of thanking them I'm going to become their rocks and help them!

4) Save more money!
Last year I ended up spending soo much money on petrol and It left me with little to spend on myself so I feel that it would be better for me to save up as I have a £500 holiday to pay for and a trip to Paris to save up for! With my petrol Expenses I earn around £40 a month which isn't a lot but once saved up will add up to around £480 which will hopefully help me pay towards a new laptop! 

5) I'm going to beat my depression!
I'm currently planning a post where I share my experience with depression and tell you how I try to keep it under control and help myself get better! It is a very hard condition to get under control and getting medical help is one of the most effective ways as they really give you the advice you need but if you're concerned hopefully my post will help so please let me know if you'd be interested in that post by leaving a comment or emailing me and I'll get back to you! 

That's my overview of 2013 and my resolutions! 

What are your resolutions? Let me know in the comments below!

Lot of love
Tori X



























No comments:

Post a Comment