Tuesday 13 August 2013

Dry skin and Review of Goks body scrub, Ted baker body souffle and wilko foam bath

Recently my skin has been soo dry and no amount of moisturizer has managed to curb this! This could be due to a number of reasons, the warm weather, having a nice golden tan and now the cold weather and going from cold moist air to the warm dry air of a house caused by central heating.  My skin became really itchy and when I itched I ended up removing my skin and my tan too which was really annoying!

After much umming and ahhing about a solution I decided to raid my beauty basket and my drawer in the bathroom to see if I could find anything that may be a solution! After about half an hour I came across my Body scrub by Gok Wan I got mine in a set however the body scrub alone seems to sell online for around £5!

I must admit I really like this body scrub! it's got a thick texture with larger beads (brown) and mini micro beads  (blue) and it works into a lather really well! I just used circular motions and rubbed the scrub into my body and once a good lather has been worked up I rinsed it off and straight away I felt a difference. My skin wasn't rough in the water it now felt smooth and I could move my hand up my arm with no resistance. The smell of this product is hard to describe but if you've ever used the nspa body scrub or even body wash it smells exactly like that! It's not fruity it's more a fragrance like a flower but not one I recognise.

After using the scrub I felt my body would need some moisturizer so I headed to my Ted Baker Body souffle (£2.50 for 50ml) I'm not a fan of the feel of this when it goes on it's quite sticky and takes a while to be absorbed, however the moisturizing effect afterwards is brilliant and my skin feels soft for ages and also smells wonderful like the ted baker body sprays a mixture of flowers I'd say.

To ensure I had a good bath routine and my skin was softened before removal I took a soak in a bath for half an hour. In my bath I used the Wilko Bath foam in Wild Berry the scent from this is beautiful! It's strawberries, blackcurrant and cherry mixed into one and the bubbles it produces are very relaxing!! Not only is this a brilliant scent it is also really cheap! I picked up a 500ml bottle from Wilkinsons for £1 which is such a good price.





Once my skin was softened I used an exfoliating glove and this is one of the best things to remove dead skin! You can pick the up for around £1 in any good drug store and some supermarkets.

Now I have super smooth skin that's no longer dead, itchy or sore and it's super moisturized and smells wonderful! I would definitely recommend Goks body scrub and the wilko body bath, However I feel the Ted baker moisturizer is definitely overrated and I don't rate it highly!

Hope this post helps any of you suffering with dry skin as the body scrub is definitely the best way forward! and I hope it helps you with your decision to purchase some of these products!

Lots of Love

Tori X














No comments:

Post a Comment