Friday 30 August 2013

Diets and The Race for Life!!! (Life Update)

Hey guys!!

I'm really sorry that there hasn't been many posts recently... I just haven't had the time to write or even get together a post. I must have gone to write this post about 5 times in the last few days and I've been stopped each and every time so I'm currently hiding away in the conservatory praying I won't be disturbed!!

The reasons for being so busy are a) Training for the race for life b) planning my 18th and c) planning my mums suprise 31st and that hasn't been easy!! But I'll write another post about that very very soon!!

I shall begin with an idea I had about two months ago... I'd lost about a stone and a half in the past year and I looked skinny but skinny fat and this had been getting to me for a while... not because I thought I was fat but because I'd worked hard for the body I'd always wanted but when I reached my goal I didn't have that body...

I've wanted to do the race for life since as long as I can remember, I lost my uncle to cancer when I was 7 years old and I'd always wanted to do it in his memory however I've never had anyone to do it with me, but that changed a few weeks ago. I mentioned to my family that I wanted to take part in the race for life and my cousin suggested that she could do it too, so over the next few days I began planning! I decided that as it was about 31 weeks until the Race for life (approx) I needed to get started so I split my training up into 3 six week sets of the easy training program and 2 six week sets of the harder program which would take me 1 week away from the race where I would literally just run every other day and stretch out before the race.

This is the easier 10k plan:
http://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/wcm/idc/groups/cr_common/@rfl/@gen/documents/document/mdaw/mdey/~edisp/018233.pdf

This is the harder 10k plan:
http://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/wcm/idc/groups/cr_common/@rfl/@gen/documents/document/mdaw/mdey/~edisp/018234.pdf

I feel I've had to change my diet too, I've tried to remove junk food such as, crisps, chocolate and sweets completely from my diet and swap them for fruit. I now have breakfast which I never used to do I usually have a potato cake or  fruit and fiber cereal (30g) and a cup of tea. For lunch I try to have wholemeal bread with either spreadable cheese or chicken/ham and then I have some fruit in a box, and for Dinner I have pasta, salad or chicken with noodles or something as healthy as possible.

So far I've not lost any weight or seem to have toned up but I do feel healthier.... which I suppose is something! I'll keep you all up to date about my progress and let me know if any of you are taking part in the Race for life we can go on this journey together....

Lots of Love

Tori X




















No comments:

Post a Comment