Thursday 8 August 2013

Review: Acrylic nails

I'm obsessed with long nails, however mine sometimes snap or get too long and go brittle... so my ideal solution was Acrylic nails!

I get mine done at a lovely salon near mine Called Star Beauty and the lady is lovely, she's very friendly and chats the whole way through. Her salon is very clean and decorated lovely with a waiting area within the room for family/ friends.

I fall in love with my nails straight away and usually love them up until the third day of having them on, by this time they've driven me insane, not allowed me to pick up objects and made even an easy task like making tea very difficult! They say beauty is pain but Acrylic nails really take that to another extreme, it's more frustration than pain if I'm honest!


This image is my nails when they are first done! I've had the plain french manicure before as well with gold studs on the ring finger which looked amazing but I've unfortunately lost the picture!
The above nails were done for my boyfriends aunts wedding and lasted a while but after two weeks of wonky writing I gave up and had to soak them off with Acetone nail polish remover. This however has left my nails brittle, jagged and snapped off in areas...

As you can see the indentations are missing nail and it looks horrendous! This usually lasts for about 2-3 weeks sometimes longer and is a real pain sometimes, not only are my nails left looking bad but they hurt despite being soaked for an hour and a half before easily sliding the acrylic off with no force.

For that reason my rating of acrylic nails is quite low, at first it's 10/10 as they look amazing, however the aftermath is not quite as attractive and can lead to permanent nail damage so I've been told which is sad really... but it goes straight back to the age old saying 'Beauty is pain' so they end up with a rating of 5/10 overall! 

Some people don't struggle with acrylic nails at all and can wear them all the time, however I am not one of those people and struggle to adapt so I will have to stick to medium length normal nails with bright colours on... I may have to try shellac next time! 

I hope this helps with your decision on the purchase of Acrylic nails it is a thing that must be tried as they give a real self esteem boost! 

Lots of love

Tori X 











































No comments:

Post a Comment